Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Last Post without Le Le

It is surreal to think that this is the last time I will post on this blog without Le Le here.  We are packing up, making sure we have everything we think a 1 year old might need, and we are trying not to go crazy! My mom doesn't help when she sends a text asking if we are so nervous that we want to throw-up?!?  I'm sure if I think about it too long I might or I might just starting crying and not stop!  The emotions Brian and I are feeling cannot be explained and they are so far in either direction that it is hard to make sense of them.  I guess this is what being a parent feels like!
Last night was the most beautiful sunset I have seen this whole trip.
My camera could not even come close to capturing it.
Last night in Tainan. Fireworks kept going off every 10 minutes
for over 2 hours.  No one knew why but we did!


Last night we played it safe in the hopes of not getting injured again.  We traveled around Tainan taking pictures of the area for Le Le.  It was low key and relaxing.  We had dinner in our hotel and talked about how are lives were about to change.  We are beyond excited and as prepared as we can be.  All we prayed for last night is that Le Le is healthy and the trip to the hospital is just to review her medical history and not needed because something is wrong.  Whatever it is, we are just blessed that now we can take care of her and make sure she gets everything she needs.

Xiao Gou paying his respects
This was such an amazing bench with the history of
Tainan around the base.
Beautiful Buildings
Narrow streets in Tainan
Decorations are everywhere and so beautiful
Scooters!
Busy Streets of Tainan
Our Hotel
We loved this sign.
We wanted to take a moment and thank all of our friends and family for the Love and Support we have received over the years.  This has been a enormous process and we would have never made it to now without so many others.  I have been saying all along that she is already being raised by a village and I know that she is already so loved and for that I am so grateful.  We have some pretty amazing people in our lives and she is so very very blessed to join this large family.  Thank You and I hope to update with Le Le soon.  We love you!!!


This is the morning we meet Le Le.
Blankets donated from all of you
to the orphanage. Thank you!




3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sooooo excited for you all! I can't wait to see the new family pics.

Scott, Amanda, Emma & Annie said...

The fireworks were going off like that last week too. We were told it was a Buddhist god's birthday. There were also small parades that passed by our hotel periodically. Like you, I thought they were just celebrating with us. We look forward to seeing your first family pictures very soon. - The McDougal's

jen said...

Anxiously awaiting your first post WITH Le Le! But I did see the Fb pics! What a wonderful family! Hope she is in good health. I'm sure it's quite a whirlwind, but hope you are all doing well!