Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Le Le is HOME

Isabelle Le Le Bolander is home in Arizona!

Our last day in Taiwan was a mix of emotions.  We were leaving a country that means so much to us and gave us our beautiful daughter.  We are also so excited to go home and introduce Le Le to her friends and family.

We spent the last day packing and making sure we had enough formula and bottles from Taiwan to last her as long as possible.  I think she has more luggage than we do!

On our way to the airport, Yuan Bo wanted to take us to the Coca-cola museum.  This was oddly interesting.  I would have preferred a Dr. Pepper museum but since I never found a Dr. Pepper in Taiwan the entire trip, I dont think that would have been very successful!  I was nice to spend the last day we friends and hard to say goodbye!
Le Le's character is part of Coca Cola in Chinese.
I love that there is a music note too since her name
can meet with Happy Happy or Music.

Our Coke Group!

Le
Le


Saying Good-bye at the airport
Wish we were on the Hello Kitty plane but I guess it only goes to Japan!
Our first flight was 13 hours to LA and this flight has haunted me for weeks not knowing how it would go.  I am so proud of Le Le.  Although she didn't want to sleep the first half of the flight it was not beacuse she was fussy but beacuse she wanted to play.  It is hard to wish a happy baby to sleep!  She is such a trooper!  She slept in the basinet the entire second half of the flight.  Once we landed in the U.S. I was overcome with emotion.  Part of me felt like we just got away with something huge and the rest of me couldn't absorb the joy of making it this far.
Blogging at the airport with my sleepy girl.
She is so ready!
Xiao Gou and Le Le enjoying the flight from the bassinet.

In LA we saw a great little sign that said "Welcome to the United States of America"!  I wanted her to get a picture of her in from of it and we did and then we had to delete it.  Security was all over us!  I guess a picture in from of a sign on the wall is a security violation.  The security officer didnt even try to be nice about it.  Nice Welcome to the U.S. Le Le!  Well I was still excited we were able to bring her here and everyone else in immigration were great and so excited for us.
First Passport Stamp
Our Family United at Last.

I had no idea how great it was to an infant traveling. We skipped so many lines and and easily made it to our connecting flight to Phoenix easily.  During this flight we sat next to a Pilot hopping a ride.  She was so nice and very interested in our story.  She also offered all of her old baby items from her two girls.  It was such a nice gesture from a complete stranger.  She just wanted them to go to a good home. During this flight Le Le slept the entire flight and still won over the flight attendants!  I couldn't of asked for a better baby.  She continues to melt our heart as she gets to know us and grows with the help of a family.

When we got off the plane in Phoenix, we were greeted by my mom and dad and our friends Chad and Kayla and Josh, Dani, and Berkley!  We are so grateful that we have a great support system and so many others supporting us from afar.  She is going to be the luckiest little girl and we love her like crazy!  It will be so good to have her home and get on a routine eventually.

Now our Journey begins!

Nana grabbed her right up!
Grandpa had to beg a little to get some time!

Le Le gets kisses over and over again
and again. . . 
She got to take a ride on the luggage cart through the airport.

HOME
Thank You Aunt Kayla and Uncle Chad!  The balloon is a favorite.

Thank You Aunt Dani and Uncle Josh

Great Family Welcome Home!

There is no place like HOME












6 comments:

Unknown said...

Tears of joy running down my face. Hopw to meet her soon. !!!!
Welcome to parenthood .

Nancy said...

A fantastic new beginning!

Unknown said...

Wow, cant believe youre home! Thanks for sharing so much, you really captured it well. I confess I have been a little teary eyed reading your posts but mostly just excited for you. Let me know when youre ready for a play date!

Hone Family said...

What a sweetheart. I can't wait to hold her. We loved following your blog. My girls keep asking about Le Le and wanting to see her picture. We love you guys and we are excited to see you all.

Hone Family said...

What a sweetheart. I can't wait to hold her. We loved following your blog. My girls keep asking about Le Le and wanting to see her picture. We love you guys and we are excited to see you all.

michELLE said...

yep, totally started crying while reading your last entry. SOOOOO excited to meet her this weekend!!