Pages

Friday, June 14, 2013

We LOVE Taiwan

I have to start with the worst nightmare I have ever had.  We got on a plane to go to southern Taiwan and somehow we were sent home.  When we realized what they did it was too late and we only had 2 days to get back! We were pulling every favor in the book put it wasn't looking good.  All I could think is I am already the worst mom ever.  Thank goodness we are taking a high speed train to Tainan and I'm pretty sure that can not detour us back to Arizona!

Our first day back in Taiwan was perfect.  Brian and I keep thinking that maybe it would be better if we live here with Le Le but I think we would have a lot of family and friends that would disown us if we didn't bring her back to the states to meet them! The food is amazing (definitely better than Thailand which surprises me a little),  everyone is so nice, the country is safe, and great friends are here.

Breakfast at the hotel was pretty typical: noodles, dumplings, sandwiches, beef dishes, fruits, fried rice, steamed buns with meat, etc.  It was pretty good but I like street food better.  Dinner was at the Shilin Market was amazing! Fried chicken in a bag, sweet potato fries with a white pepper, and "Cows Tongue" sweet pastry that is very hard to explain. My favorite meal of the day was lunch.  Although the food was good, it was the company that made it amazing. The McDougal family took some time with their 4 wonderful children to have some lunch.  They are the first family we have met in person that also adopted from Taiwan and even better, also from St Lucy's.  They are a truly a blessed family.  They all seem to be adjusting beautifully and their Jie Jie (older sisters) seem to be crazy about them.  The 2 new girls are beautiful and it was fun to watch Brian talk with them.  They told him that they have seen Le Le but then a few moments later they weren't sure.  I am so grateful for them to allow us to be apart of their adoption journey.
Xiao Gou loved having lunch with such a great family.
You can feel the love!

Did I mention that we finally got to hang out with Yuan Bo!!  We are just crazy about him and he is one of Brian's closest friends. Also ladies, he is single and a great catch!!!  He quickly made friends with Xiao Gou.  We visited the Hot Springs which we thought it was too Hot outside to even consider sitting in the Hot Springs (plus we didn't bring swimsuits although I could have got Brian a great little speedo right there on the spot which may have made it worth it!)

Ladies!  He is adorable and Xiao Gou Approved!!!
He enjoyed the steam bath!
The water is boiling!! 90 degree C
Le Le is from an amazing country and we are both so blessed to have her in our lives.  I only hope that we can continue to show her how amazing it is to be Taiwanese American!



Xiao Gou trying to figure out where to go on the MRT


Patiently Waiting and waiting... 3 more days!
Hang?

Sit?


So close!

After the day we had, Xiao Gou wanted to hit the Bar!

Shilin Night Market


Best Chicken Ever!

Good Company
"Fishing" for shrimp






 

No comments: